At the beginning of your search, have a plan. To get started, try the following search strategies
- Subject Terms / 5Ws & 1 H
- Identify subjects terms or keywords related. Come up with a few Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How's.
- General Search
- Get some general background on your subject. Check news sources, information-based websites, or reference works (encyclopedias and dictionaries).
- Try OneSearch
- Search your subject terms in OneSearch.
- Try the databases.
- Databases are subject or content-specific. There are databases for each discipline.
- Numbers and Statistics
- Think about who might produce the figures you are looking for - government agencies, states & cities, organizations and associations, non-profits, and trade organizations.
- Check References
- If you find a really good article, check the references for good related items.