Request a Book for Pick Up
Book pick up is be available from Cohen Library only for unvaccinated patrons and those who do not need study space.
- Pickup will be available Monday through Friday 9:00am - 4:45pm at Cohen Library, NAC.
- No books can be sent to the CWE Library for pick up until further notice.
- Not all CUNY libraries are opening at the same scale, so there will most likely be a delay in any books requested from another campus.
- Not all CUNY libraries have the same re-opening policies; please do not request books be sent to other libraries in the CUNY system.
- Reserve items (1-day loan) cannot be requested with this system. Any patron can request these items directly at the Circulation desks of the library where the item is held.
CCNY Libraries will be open only to fully vaccinated patrons.
To request an item
- Sign in to OneSearch, our library catalog, in the upper right hand corner, using your CUNY single login credentials (first.lastXX@login.cuny.edu).
- Search for the book you would like to request by title, author, or subject.
- From the search results list, click on the TITLE of the item.
- Under GET IT, click REQUEST.
- Note: do not choose REQUEST VIA ILL.
- Fill out the REQUEST form. The first two fields are required.
- Pickup Institution: The City College of New York
- Pickup Location: Cohen Library
- Please note that no books can be sent to the CWE Library for pick up until further notice.
- Loan Length and Date are optional, OK to leave blank
- Submit your REQUEST.
- View a tutorial with screenshots on the request process here.
To pick up an item
- You will receive an email when your item(s) are ready to pick up.
- You have 10 days from the date of notification to pick up your item(s).
- Pick up is at the main entrance of Cohen Library located on the 2nd floor of the NAC (North Academic Center) Building. Do not enter through the Tech Center.
- At Cohen Library's main entrance, please go to the Book Pickup Window located on the right side of the Public Safety booth.
- Have your CUNY ID card ready and a staff member will retrieve your item(s) and check them out to you.