Using the Music Library
Finding Materials in the Library
- Search the City College OneSearch Catalog to find materials in the Music Library’s collections. Library staff members are available to assist you with searches; music searches can be especially quirky!
- To limit results by format, use the facets in the sidebar to the right of your search results. More search options are available under Advanced Search in OneSearch.
- Reference help is available by asking at the circulation desk, by calling 212-650-7120, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Schedule a one-on-one reference consultation by filling out a request form on the library website.
Listening & Viewing Stations
- In addition to our computers, which are capable of playing CDs and DVDs, the Music Library also has a number of listening stations that allow patrons to listen to cassettes and LPs. These listening and viewing stations are located on the main level. Headphones are also available for check-out at the circulation desk.
CD, LP, DVD and VHS collection
- The Music Library has a collection of 15,000 LPs, over 4,000 CDs, over 100 DVDs, and 100 VHS videos. All can be located in the CUNY Catalog. Circulating CDs circulate for seven days, while non-circulating recordings (e.g. recordings on reserve, box sets, DVDs, and VHS tapes) can only be used in the Music Library. To check out recordings, take the call numbers of the recordings you want and validated ID to the circulation desk. You can also check out headphones to listen to or view non-circulating recordings in our listening area.
Copy, Print, Scan
- A printer is available in the main level of the Library.
- A flat-bed scanner is available in the lower level of the Library.
- The photocopier is located on the lower level of the Library.
For more information, contact email@example.com